Pachamama Farm & Wellness in Colorado is accepting applications for full time Crop Manager & Herb Garden Manager for the 2017 season
- Position Openings
- Crop Manager
- Herb Garden Manager
Family-run farm in Boulder County is looking for two experienced farmers to join their tightly knit team.
Responsibilities will likely include:
- Greenhouse nursery work nurturing seedlings and transplants
- Field work including fertilizing, planting, cultivating, harvesting, and watering
- Processing, washing, and packaging vegetables
- Marketing and vegetable distribution, including CSA and restaurants
- Harvesting, drying, and processing culinary and medicinal herbs
- Harvesting flowers
- Food preservation and cooking
- Assisting in the development of the property by planting perennial shrubs & trees
- Working with volunteers
- Helping host farm events and educational tours
- Working with pastured farm animals, including chickens and possibly sheep
- Additional responsibilities for Crop Manager Position:
- Working closely with farm management to develop and carry out the farm’s seasonal plan and daily operations
- Identifying subsequent work tasks and the necessary steps for their completion
- Communicating information to the crew in a timely manner
- Organizing with crew members to successfully accomplish tasks at hand
- Additional responsibilities for Herb Garden Manager Position:
- Working closely with farm management and Pachamama’s herbalist to care for and develop our herb garden
- Organizing crew for garden maintenance including seeding, transplanting, cultivating, harvesting, mulching, and watering
- Garden soil development through amendments and cover cropping
- Tracking inventory
- Marketing, networking, and sales for herbs
- Organizing and running spring plant sale
- Experience managing and leading people
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Physically fit, reliable, detail-oriented, organized, hard-working, and self-motivated
- Able to take direction and ownership of delegated tasks
- Passionate about food, education, and healing
- Committed to living and working in community
- Additional qualifications for the Farm Manager Position:
- At least 2-years of experience employed full time on a vegetable farm
- Preferably experience working within the CSA model
- Additional qualifications for Herb Garden Manager Position:
- At least 1-year of experience employed full time on a farm with extensive experience growing plants (annuals and perennials)
- Preferably comprehensive knowledge of medicinal herbs and experience commercially harvesting, drying, and processing medicinal and culinary herbs
Crop Manager and Herb Garden Manager Position details:
- Set weekly schedule of 30-60 hours per week depending on the season. Days will be oriented around longer mid-day breaks during the hotter days of summer.
- Compensation depends on experience level (range: $10-$15/hour), and includes produce from the farm.
- Positions require onsite living in our 4 person 2200 sq. ft. crew house at a rate of $560/month (includes all utilities). Please note: Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate pets, no exceptions (house already inhabited by 1 dog and 1 cat).
- We are ideally looking for a couple to fill these positions.
Looking to fill positions by April 1st 2017.
Applicants for the Crop Manager and Herb Garden Manager Job:
- Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application deadline: March 1st 2017
- Qualified applicants will receive a reply email including an application for employment
About Pachamama Farm & Wellness:
- The almost 40 acre farm is nestled in the foothills of West Longmont just 14 miles north of downtown Boulder, CO and 6 miles south of Lyons, CO.
- Our mission is to enhance the well-being of our community by producing pure food, offering educational programs, and providing healing services in nature.
- The farm currently integrates organic and sustainable farming practices, medicinal herb cultivation, animal husbandry, health and wellness services, educational programs, and community events, and offers a range of programs and activities in these areas.
- Allie Dodge and Oliver Weber have co-owned the farm since 2012. The herb garden was established in 2013.
- For more information visit: www.pachamamafarm.com.
Pachamama Farm is an equal opportunity employer. Pachamama Farm affirms its commitment to diversity and to complying with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination in employment. Neither Pachamama Farm nor any of its employees shall discriminate against any person in recruiting, examining, appointing, hiring, training, promoting, compensating, retaining, disciplining, or in any other personnel action on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, sex, age, sexual orientation (incl. transgender status), national origin, ancestry, veteran status, HIV status, poverty background, marital status (incl. marriage to a co-worker), or physical or mental disability, except when any of these categories constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification (i.e., an actual qualification for performing a job).
Pachamama Farm & Wellness
Oliver Weber & Allie Dodge
10771 N. 49th Street
Longmont, CO 80503