Responsibilities: Based at the Rural Development Center (RDC) in Salinas, the Ag Education and Training Manager is responsible for managing and coordinating ALBA’s education, training and continuing farmer education efforts with a strong focus on organic and sustainable production and market development practices. The Ag Education and Training Manager maintains a close collaborative working relationship with all of ALBA’ Program Managers and will work closely with beginning farmers and develop programs and resource for their growth and development and success.
The scope of responsibilities includes, but may not be limited to:
* Coordinate and maintain curricula for Farmer Education and Training Programs
* Teach, lead and instruct classes and workshops as needed
* Coordinate all programs related to the education and development of farmers
* Conduct year-round outreach and provide technical assistance to ALBA’S farmers
* Act as liaison with local colleges and universities’ agriculture programs
* Ensure grant deliverables assigned are achieved
* Manage program and grant budgets and ensure their appropriate use according to grant guidelines
* Prepare grant reports and support fundraising efforts for the program.
Required Skills & Experience
* A BS in agronomy or a related Agriculture Field and 3-5 years of agriculture production experience is required
* A Masters Degree in a related AG Field is preferred
* Knowledge of organic farming, and fresh produce marketing and distribution preferred
* Experience and proficiency with adult education teaching methodologies and designing curriculum, teaching materials to meet learning objectives is preferred
* Bilingual Spanish and English required.
* Able to work outdoors and a willingness to work a flexible schedule including early morning, nights and weekends as needed.
The annual salary is $40,000 – $48,000 and is commensurate with experience. ALBA provides an excellent benefits package and a Simplified Employee Pension with employer-contribution.
A qualified candidate may submit a cover letter and resume to:
More information about ALBA and its programs may be obtained at http://www.albafarmers.org
ALBA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.