The February 2012 issue of the Ag Opportunities is now available online at http://agebb.missouri.edu/mac/
agopp/index.htm. This newsletter is a great source of information and events for those in Missouri and throughout the country.
Also the next Grow Your Farm course will be held on Mondays from February 13 through April 2 at Bradford Research Farm just east of Columbia MO. Cost is $225/farm. The course is taught be extension educators and farmers. Topics include: goal setting, assessing opportunities on the farm, walking the farm, business plan, recordkeeping, marketing, rural legal issues and 2 farm tours. Class is limited to 20 farms. If you have questions feel free to call 573-882-1905 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- February Webinar--Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) and Food Safety
- Online Learning Community
- Upcoming Webinars
- Reducing Heat Stress and Insect Pressure in Crops Using Kaolin Clay (Surround WP)
- New Survey of 1,000 Young and Beginning Farmers Reveals What the Next Generation Needs
- USDA Unveils New Plant Hardiness Zone Map
- Grants and Assistance
- IN PRINT/ON-LINE/IN THE NEWS
- ON THE CALENDAR