Please, Please, Please… We Need You All To Participate in This…
Date: April 19, 2011
Time: 2:00 till 3:30 pm EST
Purpose: The Beginning Farmer and Rancher Development Program (BFRDP) was authorized in the 2008 Food, Conservation, and Energy Act (Pub .L. No. 110-234, Section 7410,) amending Section 7405 of the previous Farm Bill. Approximately $18 million will be available to support training, education, outreach, and technical assistance initiatives for beginning farmers or ranchers in fiscal year 2012. The purpose of this workshop is to obtain stakeholder feedback to help develop the FY 2012 Request for Application (RFA). NIFA anticipates releasing the FY 2012 RFA in the summer of 2011, with a 60-day open period. The RFA will be posted on-line at http://www.nifa.usda.gov/fo/funding.cfm
Participants are encouraged to use the FY 2011 RFA as a guide: http://www.nifa.usda.gov/funding/rfas/bfrdp.html
More information about the program and recordings of previous stakeholder workshops are available at: http://www.nifa.usda.gov/funding/bfrdp/bfrdp.html
The Farm Bill does not allow the BFRDP grant funds to be used to purchase a farm, farm machinery or animals; for the planning, repair, rehabilitation, acquisition, or construction of a building or facility; to begin farming; or to set up Individual Development Accounts.
Technology: To take part in this webinar: Open your internet browser and go to http://nifa-connect.nifa.usda.gov/bfrdp/ Login as you and will be connected to the webinar.
· Login ahead of time to ensure that your computer will work with USDA/NIFA system.
· Capacity is limited to 70 attendees only.
In order to use the Adobe Connect system, your computer will need the following system requirements:
· Microsoft Windows XP Professional or Home Edition with Service Pack 2 or Windows Vista
· Internet Explorer 6+, Netscape Navigator 8.1+, Mozilla Firefox 1.5.03+, Mac OS X v10.4+, or Safari 2.0+
· Adobe Flash Player 10
· Broadband connection, and cookies enabled in browser
· Suresh Sureshwaran, 202-720-7536 or email@example.com
· Patricia McAleer, 202-720-2635 or firstname.lastname@example.org