WHAT: UVM Extension Northwest Annual Crops & Soils Field Day
(click link to view detailed flyer)
WHEN: Thursday, July 23, 2015, 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
WHERE: Borderview Research Farm, 146 Line Road, Alburgh, Vermont
COST: $10 for farmers; $25 for others
Register online at: https://www.regonline.com/cropsfieldday
. If you have questions or need assistance with registration, please call Susan Brouillette at 802-524-6501
The them of this year's field day is "Innovation and Diversification
." Highlights will include:
- Innovative ways to seed cover crops and equipment
- Drone technology to monitor crops
- Heirloom dry beans and grains trials
- Hop fertility and downy mildew management
- Milkweed as a crop
- No-till and manure management
- and more!
On-site registration starts at 9:15 a.m., with the tour of the research trials starting promptly at 10 a.m. The day includes lunch and afternoon equipment demonstrations and info sessions.