THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED
Sola Gratia Farm, LLC is looking to hire a farm manager for its 4-acre community supported agriculture (CSA) farm in Illinois.
Location: Urbana, Illinois
Start date: February-March 2016
Salary: $28,000 – $32,000, commensurate with qualifications and experience, some benefits and a bonus package included.
We seek a farmer to manage a 4-acre Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) farm. Infrastructure on the farm already includes a greenhouse, walk-in cooler, water well and irrigation system, BCS tractor and other supplies. The Farmer will work closely with the Sola Gratia Director and the responsibilities of the Farmer will include:
· helping to develop a yearly organic fruit/vegetable crop rotation plan including cover crops
· planting, weeding, watering, managing fertilizers, pesticides and other inputs, and harvesting produce
· promoting the farm, helping to solicit annual shareholders and maintaining shareholder, client and Board relationships
· managing a 100 – 120 member CSA including the weekly distribution and pickup for shareholders and donated produce
· overseeing work of seasonal staff, volunteers, seasonal interns, and community outreach programs
· working with farm board to develop responsible and realistic annual budget
· retail and wholesale sales of produce.
Experience in working on a Community Supported Agriculture farm or vegetable farm in the Midwest is important. Preference is given to candidates who have expertise and experience running comparable farm operations. Also important is the ability to work effectively with Board of Directors, developing a yearly growing plan, managing budgeted money, maintaining a focus on the farm mission and achieving shareholder goals.
SOLA GRATIA FARM, LLC:
Sola Gratia Farm is a Community Supported Agricultural organization affiliated with St. Matthew Lutheran Church. The Farm is dedicated to producing locally-grown, high-quality, natural foods for its shareholders. The Farm promotes healthy living in our community through education, service and outreach programs. St. Matthew Lutheran Church and the Farm have committed to donating at least 10% of its produce to support local food charities. There’s more information at www.solagratiacsa.com
POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED