- Those looking to expand their farms to incorporate a CSA enterprise
- Those running CSAs, but who want to step back and create better plans
- Those wanting new ways to plan, market, execute, document and evaluate their enterprise
- Those looking to network with and learn from other growers
Lodging and Food Box lunches and snacks are provided at each session. Dorm-style lodging is available at Michael Fields for those who would like to stay overnight during these 2-day sessions of the course at a rate of $25 per night. Please indicate your lodging needs on the registration form.
CSA Course Topics Include:
- Core values of your CSA
- Business and risk management
- Capitalization and growth
- Marketing, pricing, and communication
- Production planning from seeds to harvest
- Harvest, post-harvest handling and distribution
Sessions are taught by successful CSA farmers and business professionals, integrating personal stories with technical knowledge. For additional information about course content, Jodie Janovec, at (920) 723-8085 email@example.com.
This course is supported by the Beginning Farmer and Rancher Development Program of the National Institute of Food and Agriculture, USDA, Grant # 2009-49400-05943.
For other workshops and information on how you can be a part of sustainable agriculture visit our website: The Farm Business Development Center at Prairie Crossing Farm , the Madison Area Community Supported Agriculture Coalition.
For more information and to apply online, visit us at Michael Fields Agricultural Institute.