Pennsylvania (Allegheny County) Cooperative Extension presents: Exploring the Small Farm Dream Course, fall 2012Course description: Whether your vision includes making goat cheese, selling cut flowers, or growing rare tomato varieties, this course will give you the tools to start making that dream come true. Participants will discuss current opportunities in small-scale agriculture, explore objectives, assess personal and financial resources, conduct preliminary market research, and develop an action plan for pursuing their interests in food and farming. All levels of experience are welcome. If you are thinking about starting a farm, this course is designed for you. This includes people thinking about full-time farming, farming part-time while continuing other employment, changing careers to start a farm, and/or developing an existing but informal farming pastime into a more serious business activity. What to expect:
- Creative exercise, research and class discussions that will help you assess your skills and resources.
- Interviews with local farm business owners that will assist you in deciding how to carry your dream forward.
- The opportunity to connect with others interested in new farm enterprises.
- Qualified instructors and peer farm entrepreneurs to teach and share ag business experience.
- The Class is $100 per person or $150 per couple.
- Workbook and supplemental materials are included.
- Scholarships available