Farm and Food Policy Community Outreach Internship in Michigan for 2014
National Sustainable Agriculture Coalition - Michigan Voices For Good Food Policy
MSU Center for Regional Food Systems - Michigan Good Food Initiative
ABOUT THE PROJECT
Michigan has no shortage of powerful examples when it comes to how communities all around the state are rebuilding local economies through food and farming. Michigan Voices For Good Food Policy and the Michigan Good Food Initiative are partnering to unite and elevate the voices of Michigan farmers and food systems advocates in support of policies that expand opportunities for rural and urban farmers to produce good food, sustain the environment, and contribute to healthy and vibrant communities.
We are seeking a well-qualified intern to assist with outreach projects that help connect people to the farm and food policies that shape Michigan agriculture, food systems, and communities. This position is approximately 15 hours per week for 6 months, paid, and located in Lower Michigan.
The intern will assist with farm and food policy outreach projects around the state of Michigan.
Tasks will include:
• Conducting research, interviews, and data analysis to support project goals
• Transcribing Interviews
• Developing creative and engaging social media content
• Tabling at Michigan food and farming conferences, events, and farmers markets
• Helping to distribute policy and program information
• Photo and video documentation
• Assisting with other projects and assignments as needed
The Outreach Intern will report directly to the Michigan Voices for Good Food Policy Grassroots Organizer. This position is work-from-home and will require some in-state travel (mileage covered).
We are looking for an intern who demonstrates the following qualities:
• Some knowledge of local/national food system issues
• Self-reliant and collaborative worker
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Research and analytical skills
• Experience facilitating group process, public speaking desired
• BS/BA Preferred
Please email your resume and a one-page letter of introduction. In your letter describe why you are interested in working with us, what you hope to learn, and what assets/skills you might bring to the project. We will contact eligible candidates for an interview.
Contact Lindsey Scalera (firstname.lastname@example.org) to apply or for more information about the project and the organizations involved.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONPlease submit your application materials by Friday, May 2, 2014.