Farm Education Coordinator Job at Wright-Locke Farm in Winchester, Massachusetts, 2013
The Wright-Locke Farm Conservancy is looking to fill the position of Education Coordinator. This is a salaried position, budgeted for 38 weeks per year. The farm-based education program offers week-long programs during the April and Summer school vacations for children entering grades K-5. They also plan to expand the program to include adult and family-oriented one or two day programs and will look to our Education Coordinator to develop and implement those new programs in addition to continuing to expand and improve our weekly programs
It is anticipated that this position will start the first week of February and continue through October with little activity from November through January. The workload will vary seasonally, peaking during the summer months.
By December 15, send an electronic or paper cover letter, resume, and two letters of reference to firstname.lastname@example.org or Sally Quinn, PO Box 813, Winchester, MA 01890. For information about the farm, check our website at WLFarm.org.
Qualifications include: Strong ability to work independently with minor supervision; Superlative organizational and communication skills; Teaching experience; Farming experience very desirable; Ability to lead and inspire a team as well as work with all ages; Strong computer skills
Pay commensurate with skills, but in the $500-$600/week range.
The Farm Education Coordinator’s responsibilities would include:
- Expanding our current elementary program to include older students and adults
- Refining the current elementary program and developing new curriculum as required.
- Participating in marketing outreach
- Administering registration of students for the program
- Hiring and working with paid staff and volunteer counselors.
- Maintaining the classrooms and purchasing necessary materials
- Communicating with parents
- Managing the Farm-Ed program
- Involving the community
- Communicating with the Wright-Locke Farm Executive Board and employees