purplepitchfork.com/rutabaga-Rutabaga Riches: Farm Finances for Farmers course Date: Friday and Saturday, January 9 and 10 Location: Rockton, Illinois (just outside of Beloit, Wisconsin). Cost: Early-Bird Price: $179 (until 12/12 @ 9:00pm)/Regular Price: $219 Registration:
riches-conference; Registration is limited, and early-bird pricing is only available for a short time.
$100 scholarships available for 2014 CRAFT members, email AOLC right away about this opportunity at email@example.comTaught by Chris Blanchard and Badgerland Financial Services' Paul Dietmann, this course is entirely focused on helping farmers gather, understand, and use financial information about their farming and marketing operations. This course is for beginning and experience farmers alike - and for people planning to get into farming who want to get off on the right foot! Regardless of experience level, this course will provide essential information to help participants move their farms forward. The Rutabaga Riches course is going to cover all of the basics for farm finance, including:
- How to set up a bookkeeping system that is easy to operate and provides useful information to enable better decision-making;
- Creating balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements that participants can use to understand the a farm's financial health;
- When and how to access credit, including establishing and maintaining a relationship with a lender;
- Information about how to price products, including how to track labor and other inputs to accurately identify cost of production and the cost of marketing through different outlets;
- Using the gathered information to make decisions about operational changes, equipment purchases, and building infrastructure.