Farm Fresh Rhode Island is looking to hire for 2 positions: Business Manager and Harvest Kitchen VISTA
BUSINESS MANAGER to oversee the logistics of the Market Mobile farm-to-table program, and to perform/oversee bookkeeping and budgeting for all the programs of the organization.
* experience or interest in logistics, shipping, purchasing & similar
* experience as a financial officer in a nonprofit and/or small business setting, including payroll, account reconciliation, accounts payable/receivable & similar
* experience managing employees and volunteers
* be skilled in QuickBooks accounting software
* understand project and organizational budgeting
* be dedicated to the promotion of local agriculture
* be sensitive to the multiple constituencies of Farm Fresh
* be able to carry 40 pounds
* entrepreneurial spirit, creative problem-solver, and independent, detail-oriented worker
1. Market Mobile Logistics Oversight
a) Schedule team of drivers, assistants, volunteers
b) Plan routing
c) Analyze weekly performance; suggest and implement efficiencies
2. Fiscal Administration for Organization
a) Enter weekly financial details into QuickBooks
b) Utilize QuickBooks to monitor cash flow and budget goals
c) Manage accounts payable/receivable
d) Meet with staff as needed to monitor organization/project budgets
3. Office management (equipment, supplies, bills, etc)
Farm Fresh Rhode Island, a 501c3 non-profit, runs programs that grow the local food system in ways that improve the environment, health and quality of life of farmers and eaters. As we expand our programs to get more fresh, healthy food to more Rhode Islanders, we are seeking a Business Manager to assist with finances, which include a growing amount of pass-throughs. We work with over 60 farmers and 75 wholesale customers on a weekly basis, and in 2011 will directly facilitate $1.3 million in fresh food sales. These sales occur primarily through two programs:
* Market Mobile: a farm-to-biz/school local food aggregation and delivery service (http://www.farmfresh.org/hub)
* Fresh Bucks: SNAP and credit card transactions at our twelve farmers markets (http://www.farmfresh.org/ebt)
Salary: $39,000 + health benefits. Position available immediately.
Please send resume, cover letter and questions to Sheri Griffin, Sheri@farmfreshri.org
HARVEST KITCHEN VISTA to work with urban youth in Farm Fresh’s culinary and job-readiness training program. The Harvest Kitchen, started in January 2010, trains youth while empowering them to create their own line of products for sale. Youth use ingredients sourced from local farmers to create high-quality preserved foods (i.e. applesauce, canned peaches) at a certified kitchen in Providence. This program aims to become a self-sustaining social venture, with earned income from the sales of products and the creation of a skilled crew hired to do food processing for area farmers.
The Harvest Kitchen VISTA will work directly with youth in a kitchen facility, supporting the work of the Chef Educator. The VISTA will also work in the Farm Fresh Rhode Island office, directly with the Program and Outreach Directors, on further developing the Harvest Kitchen program. Tasks will include:
· Direct education of youth in culinary, food safety, nutrition, and job skills.
· Research and development of existing and new products to produce and sell under the Harvest Kitchen brand.
· Collaborate with partners to make employment and internship connections for the trainees.
· Locate and schedule field trips and visiting instructors for the trainees.
· Work with the Farm Fresh team on various other projects when needed, such as farmers markets and farm-to-business distribution.
· Professional culinary training/experience.
· Basic knowledge of Servsafe and food safety.
· Entrepreneurial spirit; highly motivated and independent worker.
· Comfort working with diverse constituents.
· Experience working with urban youth preferred.
· Basic Spanish preferred.
· Background check required.
Please send resume, cover letter and questions to Sheri Griffin, Sheri@farmfreshri.org or apply online through Americorps VISTA website.