Work Experience/Skills Desired: Future farmers and growers are invited to apply. Previous experience working outdoors, in a garden, or on a farm is appreciated but not required. What is required is a serious interest in farming and local food and a life path that is headed in the direction of local food production.
Interested folks should be able to listen to and follow detailed instructions, ask good questions, work efficiently, work well on a team as well as independently, be self-directed, be able to handle working outdoors in all kinds of weather, bend and squat for long periods of time, lift 40-50lbs, have a quality work ethic, be responsible, and be consistent. A good attitude and good communication skills are essential. A strong back and love of the outdoors helps.
Meals: All the veggies you can eat and some pantry supplies will be available, as well as a full kitchen to prepare your meals in. Stipend: $100/week Housing: Private bedroom in a large and beautiful farmhouse. Shared kitchen, bathroom, living room, and laundry facilities.
Interested? Please answer the following questions:
1) Why are you interested in this internship?
2) What do you hope to gain from your experience with us?
3) What kind of physical labor have you done?
4) What are your long-term agriculture goals?
5) Describe your working style and previous work experience.
6) Describe a time when you faced a challenging work situation and how you coped with it.
7) Discuss your weaknesses and pet peeves.
8) Discuss your strengths and passions.
9) What are your shared housing living experiences and preferences?
10) Why are you the best person for this position?
Email your reply and contact information to us at Farm.CedarGrove@gmail.com.