Colony Earth farm is located 40 min north of Asheville, North Carolina. They are beginning a homeschool/boarding school for girls in the Fall of 2013. Job: they are looking for a skilled farmer who can handle managing 11 acres of permaculture designed, sustainable small scale farm production and directing the morning chores and gardening portion of the students curriculum. This position begins in mid Feburary of 2013.
The Farm Manager duties include:
1. Planning food production alongside the owners
2. Tending to the fields and crops
3. Laying out a lesson plan for the students that experientially educates the students on self sufficiency and sustainable agriculture
4. Teaching and facilitating the lessons
5. Helping with chores (feeding and watering animals, milking, cheese making, transplanting, canning, weeding, etc.)
6. Helping teach workshops on sustainable agriculture and building alongside instructors for workshops
7. Blogging on colonyearth.com
The farm manager can expect a small warm cob apartment, food, and the lions share of crops to sell. Once the school year starts they can also expect a salary that is to be determined. Colony Earth is looking for someone who is passionate about growing their own food, and living in partnership with the land. They are looking for someone whose dream is farming, self sufficiency, and sustainable living. If your idea of a good time is permaculture, growing your own food, working with livestock, intensive grazing, bonfires, music, homesteading, wine making, cheese making, communing with the earth, and canning then please consider Colony Earth.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Colony Earth Farm Manager.”
Please include a facebook link, a list of experience, and references.
Check out http://www.colonyearth.com and http://www.colonyearth.org