1. Soil Biology Seminar at The Community Farm of Simsbury (Connecticut). For more information and online registration click HERE
2. 7th annual Peak Harvest Farm Dinner Benefit at Angelic Organics (Illinois) – July 26th, 2014 from 5pm-9pm
Celebrate the peak harvest of summer and the Learning Center with a five-course gourmet meal on the farm. Prepared by renowned chefs with seasonal produce and sustainable, local ingredients, this annual dinner benefit supports the Learning Center’s educational programs. Join us to support the Learning Center and help build the local food system! Tickets are on sale now! For more information and purchasing tickets, visit the Angelic Organics Farm Dinner page.
3. Hudson Heritage Farm Tour (Virginia) – See Flier Below for More Information (Click to Enlarge)
4. Beef, Pork, Poultry, and Lamb/Goat 100 Short Courses – July 10-11, 2014 in Castle Rock and Bremerton (Washington)
Washington State University Extension and Department of Animal Sciences are offering day-long courses in sustainable beef, pork, poultry, and lamb and goat production. Each course helps farmers and ranchers increase their knowledge on the safe production of high-quality food animals in an environmentally sound and humane manner.
5. Seeding the Next Generation of Farmers July 12, 2014 Fairbury, Illinois
Spence Farm Foundation is partnering with the Central Illinois Sustainable Farming Network to host a field day that will feature four young farmers sharing the challenges and successes of entering the agriculture business world.
6. Festival of Farms July 12, 2014 Across Minnesota
Sustainable Farming Association chapters are presenting farm tours and educational events in locations across Minnesota. Festival of Farms is an opportunity to learn about sustainable agriculture, network within the community, and have fun. Details of regional events are available online.
7. The Ohio Ecological Food and Farm Association (OEFFA) has announced the farm tours and workshops that will be included in the 2014 Ohio Sustainable Farm Tour and Workshop Series, featuring free public tours of some of Ohio’s finest sustainable and organic farms.