Farmer and Market Outreach Coordinator Job (West Coast)
Animal Welfare Approved seeks a Farmer and Market Outreach Coordinator (West Coast and Western region) to cultivate, recruit and support farmers seeking a third-party certification for their sustainable, pasture-based farming operations. This is a full-time, exempt position with benefits who will work from a home-based office.
Animal Welfare Approved is a national nonprofit organization that audits, certifies, supports and promotes pasture-based farmers raising their animals with the highest welfare standards.
Working within assigned region, primary focus of position is to identify, educate and recruit pasture-based farmers to apply for Animal Welfare (AWA) certification.
- Initiate and follow up on individual farmer contact and maintain records of potential farmers who are not yet AWA, using variety of lists and sources as leads, as well as contacts made at events and via ongoing research.
- Attend conferences, extension meetings, producer group meetings, farmers’ markets and workshops in order to recruit farmers and promote the program. Coordinate advertising, travel, materials, sponsorship and expenses associated with such events. Contribute to the maintenance of pre- and post-conference evaluation data. Serve as first point of contact for farmers unfamiliar with the program and succinctly and effectively communicate the purpose and benefits of AWA certification.
- Disseminate information about grants to existing farmers and potential farmers.
General Marketing and Public Relations
- Maintain relationships with AWA farms and support their marketing efforts when possible.
- Maintain assigned sections of AWA website and blog.
- Write articles as assigned for the AWA quarterly newsletter.
- Suggest and write assigned items for social media, blogs, press releases, etc.
- Work with Program Director and Marketing and Public Relations Director to organize events and workshops directed towards consumers (i.e., in-store demos, presentations, etc.) to promote AWA in the marketplace.
- Help to promote farms in the program via various PR/Marketing activities.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
• At least two years experience in agricultural area of work.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills.
• Working knowledge of social media including Facebook and Twitter as well as blogs and websites.
• Understanding of sustainable agriculture and animal welfare critical.
• Experience with Office Suite including Word, Excel, and Outlook, necessary. Experience with WordPress and Adobe products desirable.
• Frequent travel and weekend event attendance required.
How to Apply
• Send cover letter, resume, salary history and current salary requirements to info@AnimalWelfareApproved.org. Please describe your ability to travel and work weekends.
• Please also submit a 300 word statement answering the question: What is the importance of sustainable, high-welfare animal agriculture in American society?