Conference to be held: September 10 - 12th 2010
Come to Milwaukee and help grow the good food revolution. Hosted by Growing Power—a national organization headed by the sustainable urban farmer and MacArthur Fellow Will Allen—this international conference will teach the participant how to plan, develop and grow small farms in urban and rural areas. Learn how you can grow food year-round, no matter what the climate, and how you can build markets for small farms. See how you can play a part in creating a new food system that fosters better health and more closely-knit communities.
Location : Wisconsin State Fair Grounds www.wistatefair.com
Click here to REGISTER
Click here to Sponsor
Click here to Exhibit
Description and Call for Proposals:
Exciting Conference Tracks
- Understand how non-profit organizations can work cooperatively with city and state governments, as well as for-profit and non-profit agricultural enterprises.
- See how to create successful farm-to-school initiatives by drawing on Growing Power experiences in Milwaukee, Madison, and Chicago.
- Learn how to grow relationships with corporations that can help support locally grown food initiatives.
- Discover how to create and utilize renewable energy in local agricultural systems.
- Learn about the development of multi-story vertical farms.
- Find how social justice and food justice can be fostered through the local and regional farm system.
- Visit successful small farms in the Milwaukee metropolitan area.
- Enjoy food grown by local and regional farmers and prepared by local chefs!
- Over 2,000 participants expected with opportunities to network and mingle
- Exhibit hall available
3rd Annual Growing Food and Justice Gathering
This year the GFJI Gathering will be held in partnership with the Growing Power - Urban Agriculture and Small Farms conference in Milwaukee, WI this year: September 10-12, with pre- conference activities beginning September 8th, making it a little easier for folks to attend both GFJI's annual gathering and the urban agriculture and small farm conference!!!!
Request for Proposals : Themed “Building the Good Food Revolution
,” this conference will showcase the best practices and principles in sustainable agriculture that have been developed to date and the innovations underway that will grow a healthier tomorrow.
We want conference attendees to learn how they can grow food year-round, no matter what the climate, and how they can build markets for small farms. We hope that this conference will galvanize our collective efforts to create a new food system that fosters better health and more closely-knit communities.
We are seeking innovative multi-disciplinary workshop proposals from folks who are actively operating urban and small farms and those who are working in areas that support this emerging area of agriculture and local economic development.
Download RFP for Urban Ag Tracks
Download RFP for Food Justice Tracks