Heifer International Farm in Rutland, Massachusetts has a Full-time Residential Volunteer Position Open for 2016
HEIFER INTERNATIONAL is a nonprofit humanitarian organization working to end hunger and poverty while caring for the Earth. There are open residential volunteer positions at Heifer Farm in Rutland, Massachusetts which has powerful global education programs inspiring visitors to take action. Volunteering for Heifer changes lives – including yours.
- Cost of Living Reimbursement Stipend of $196 per two-week stipend period
- On-site, communal-style housing provided;
- Access to farm vehicles for local transportation;
- Access to free health insurance through MassHealth if needed;
- Heifer Gift Shop discount during term of active service.
TIME COMMITMENT: Specific time commitments vary by open positions listed below…
Current 2016 Openings
January 29 – August 21, 2016
Farmer Chef Volunteers
Farm Hand Volunteers
April 12 – December 16, 2016
RESPONSIBILITIES: Vary by positions listed below and detailed full position descriptions are available upon request email@example.com
- EDUCATION VOLUNTEERS lead tours, education activities & programs with mostly youth participants; Assist with daily livestock chores and periodically in the Visitor Center.
- FARMER CHEF VOLUNTEERS assist part-time with meal preparation for program participants and part-time with gardening or livestock; Periodically lead education programs.
- FARM HAND VOLUNTEERS assist in all farm work associated with livestock care, maintenance, construction, and janitorial; Periodically lead education programs.
- GARDEN VOLUNTEERS assist with all aspects of gardening & crop production; Assist facilitating large groups of garden workers, mostly youth; Periodically lead education programs.
- Must be at least 18 years of age by starting date of volunteer service;
- Must pass background check;
- Must be fluent in the English language and possess excellent verbal & written communication skills.
Contact Heather Packard, the Operations and Volunteer Manager at Heifer Farm at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 508-886-2221.
FOR MORE INFORMATION VISIT:
Facebook URL: https://www.facebook.com/heifercenters