Capital Area Food Bank of Texas seeks Senior Director of Advocacy & Public Policy
Senior Director of Advocacy & Public Policy
The Capital Area Food Bank of Texas has an opening for a full-time Senior Director of Advocacy & Public Policy. The primary objective of this position is to plan, develop and effectively implement an advocacy program to lead Central Texas to eliminate hunger through engagement in public policy development, to foster the growth of grassroots hunger awareness efforts throughout our service territory and provide a strong voice for those in need.
• College degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience.
• Three to five years professional work experience in advocacy development.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Skills in computer applications, i.e. word processing and database management.
• Demonstrates good judgment and discretion.
• Ability to work independently, and organize work, time, and self.
• Ability to work cooperatively with other Food Bank staff and volunteers.
• Ability to represent the Food Bank in a professional manner under a variety of conditions.
• Ability to provide effective training, supervision of others, and delegate responsibly.
Salary commensurate with experience. Please fax resume and cover letter to 512-282-6606 or email to email@example.com. No phone calls please. EOE.