THIS JOB HAS BEEN FILLED. DO NOT APPLY.
Foxhollow Farm is a 1300 acre, Family owned, Biodynamic/Organic Farm Located in Crestwood, Kentucky just 15 miles north of Louisville. www.foxhollow.com
Hourly pay: $8.00-$11.00 based on experience
Hours: Full time, min. 40 hour per week, some weekends.
Job Summary: Foxhollow Farm is seeking a hardworking and self-motivated farm worker for the grass-fed beef and haying operation. Applicants should be flexible to help with other areas of the farm’s work as needed.
Core Responsibilities: Work closely under cattle farm manager doing various farm jobs; Perform duties related to livestock reproduction, such as breeding; animals within appropriate timeframes, performing artificial inseminations, and helping with animal births; Herd livestock to pastures for grazing or to scales, trucks, or other enclosures; Drive, maintain, and repair farm equipment; Perform fence and building maintenance and repairs; Carry out other duties as assigned.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a small team setting
• Self-starter able to take initiative and follow tasks through to completion
• Effective verbal communication skills
• Positive and professional attitude
• Previous work experience on a farm is preferred
• Have a passion for and experience working with cattle/livestock
• Basic farm equipment skills
• Hay/Bilge/Silage knowledge and experience preferred
• Attention to detail
• Good time management skills
In addition to experience in the above areas, a passion for the local food movement would make a big difference for this position.
Contact: Derek Lawson at Derek@foxhollow.com to apply or for more information.