McKinley Community CSA is an urban agriculture social enterprise of the non-profit McKinley Community neighborhood organization in North Minneapolis. McKinley residents are committed to improving the economic, nutritional and environmental well-being of our neighborhood by growing food where we live. We are seeking a Farm Assistant to work at our community run farm for the 2011 growing season.
The Farm Assistant will work closely with the CSA’s Operational Director to manage the work-flow and development of our newly established urban agriculture CSA. The Farm Assistant will work in all areas of the farm’s operations including
- Care and Monitoring of Crops
- Record Keeping
- Harvesting and Packing Shares
- Community Outreach and Volunteer Coordination
- Farm Development
- Customer Service
This is a full-time seasonal position running March to October. Accommodation for a later start date may be made in the case of an exceptional candidate. Pay range is $2,350 to $2,800 a month dependent on experience. A flexible schedule is required for this position. Applicant must be able to meet the physical demands of farming.
Experience and Skills
- Horticultural Training and/or Organic Agriculture Experience
- Knowledge of or History in North Minneapolis
- Strong Work Ethic
- Passion for Food Justice and Urban Agriculture
- Genuine Love of People – Community Building Skills
- Creative and Self -Motivating
For consideration please submit resumes by March 18th 2011 to firstname.lastname@example.org Attn: Hiring Committee.
Or Mail to: McKinley Community
3333 North 4th Street, Suite 1
Minneapolis, MN 55412