Codman Community Farms, Inc. (CCF) is a working farm open to the public, located in Lincoln, MA. Through education and outreach, CCF encourages the stewardship of Lincoln’s agricultural heritage. CCF offers a variety of farm-based educational experiences including classes for children and adults, learning-by-doing volunteer opportunities, seasonal events tied to the cycles of farming, a farm store, community garden plots and more.Position Overview Reporting to a volunteer Board of Directors, the Director of Community Relations and Fundraising will have overall responsibility for the administrative, educational, fundraising and community outreach aspects of the Farm. The Director of Community Relations and Fundraising will work collaboratively with the Lead Farmer, President of the Board and the Board of Directors and will personify the authentic charm of this community farm. Community Relations The Director of Community Relations and Fundraising is responsible for the overall experience for anyone visiting the farm, from school groups and families to gardeners and individuals. While managing a book keeper, this person assumes sole responsibility for the daily administration of the farm. Working with the Board and committees, responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- all marketing and communications including planning and implementing efforts to enhance CCF visibility via press, media, community relations, special events, print and electronic media,
- sustaining and increasing membership, in part through cultivation and the implementation of new systems,
- maintaining strong partnerships with the members of administration and committees of the Town of Lincoln,
- recruiting, organizing and supervising of volunteers,
- managing the Farm Store.
- creating and managing a comprehensive master schedule of annual events, community outreach efforts, educational programs, and fundraising activities,
- enhancing and managing a robust database of members and donors,
- identifying and cultivating past and potential donors,
- implementing new fundraising programs and revenue streams, including seeking grant support.