Wolfe’s Neck Farm is seeking a Director of Education who is a dynamic, energetic visionary with education and agriculture experience to develop and implement our education programs at our historic 626-acre nonprofit farm on the beautiful Maine coast.
Wolfe’s Neck Farm is dedicated to sustainable agriculture, education programs, recreation opportunities, historic preservation of the property and community well-being through enjoyment of the natural landscape.
The Farm’s strength lies in its unique combination of assets: farm, ocean, forest, historic buildings and recreation. The thread that ties these together is the Farm’s education programs. The challenge for the organization is to become a leading demonstration farm and educational resource center for innovative and sustainable practices in agriculture, natural resources management, conservation and healthy living.
The Director of Education will be responsible for promoting Wolfe’s Neck Farm as a Center for Sustainable Agriculture and Learning. The Director of Education will collaborate with the Executive Director, WNF farming partners and other agriculture and education related organizations throughout the region to promote, design, and offer programs that teach all aspects of sustainable agriculture, natural resources management, conservation and healthy living.
Ideal candidates for this position will share our commitment to sustainability and education and will bring a variety of experiences and attributes to Wolfe’s Neck Farm, including:
- Bachelors Degree (Masters preferred) in Agricultural Education, Environmental Education or related field.
- Demonstrated experience with nonprofit organizations, specifically collaboration in offering programs.
- Demonstrated experience with or a working knowledge of sustainable agriculture operations.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, manage and motivate others.
- Demonstrated experience with program design and management.
- Demonstrated experience in writing grants.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
To apply, send an e-mail with a cover letter detailing your qualifications, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Resumes will be accepted until October 29, 2010.
For more information on this position, please visit www.wolfesneckfarm.org