* Engages in short and long-range planning and prioritization of research and educational initiatives in concert with the administrative leaders, staff, and the Board of Directors.
* Accountable for ensuring financially viable operations. Guides professional staff and program leaders.
* Solicits and incorporates input and perspective from the broader agricultural and academic communities.
* Initiates and maintains collaborations and strong professional relationships with researchers, farmers, industry, and policymakers.
* Evaluates potential contributors and formulates and undertakes a dynamic and aggressive funding program to complement other development initiatives conducted by Institute staff.
* Actively engages in the dissemination of knowledge to farmers and other stakeholders.
* Fulfills public speaking engagements to accurately, clearly and professionally present research findings to scientific, farmer, policy, and general public audiences.
* Experience with sustainable agricultural and food systems programs including policy, public education, and national research needs and priorities.
* An advanced degree preferred but not required.
* Superb written and verbal communication skills.
* Experience with developing and managing budgets for diverse programs.
* Dedication to the mission of the MFAI.
Applicants should email a detailed resume and references to email@example.com, attention William C. Liebhardt, Interim Executive Director, Michael Fields Agricultural Institute.
*Final application date is April 26, 2010.
Michael Fields Agricultural Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer