The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors for the management and operations of the organization. The Executive Director also serves as a key ambassador to the community for Tricycle Gardens.
* Leads implementation of the strategic goals of Tricycle Gardens
* Collaborates with the chair of the board to fulfill its governance function
* Provides staff leadership and direction in achieving Tricycle Gardens’ mission and annual objectives
* Directs fundraising and manages finances
* Oversees program development and management
* Represents Tricycle Gardens publicly and coordinates with community partners
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
* Possess a passion and knowledge about urban agriculture, nutrition, greening, and community building.
* Enthusiasm and experience with non-profit management.
* Demonstrated leadership ability.
* At least 5 years of experience in the following areas:
1. Experience with general small organization management, including marketing/public relations, event management, program development and implementation, and financial management.
2. Experience working with voluntary boards.
3. Experience coordinating project development and implementation, involving multiple partners and/or participants
4. Strong fundraising record, including experience with grant writing, membership development, individual donor programs, corporate sponsorship and special events.
* Flexibility and ability to handle several projects simultaneously
* Willing and able to deal easily with a variety of people in social and professional situations
* Experience with diverse communities, including age, religion, cultural and ethnicity.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate in writing and orally
* Successful record of working within a team environment as well as independent thinking and self-motivated
* Effective time management to ensure timely implementation of programs and operational goals
* Excellent public speaking ability
* Ability to manage the finances with the Treasurer of Tricycle Gardens
* Ability to manage staff and volunteers
* Ability to organize workshops, workdays and new partnerships
* Ability to work with a diverse board
Please email a cover letter, resume, any portfolio materials and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is April 15.