PRIMARY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist Youth Farm Coordinator in all aspects of intensively growing over 35 different kinds of produce on a three acre site, including assisting with greenhouse management, tractor and other power equipment operation, irrigation, crop cultivation and harvesting.
- Work with the Coordinator and youth farm crew to coordinate marketing of produce through an on-site and an off-site produce stand and CSA program.
- Coordinate volunteers in the field, supervising and working with them to accomplish all farm tasks and creating a positive, rewarding volunteer experience.
- Assist in coordinating the Internship Program, training and supervising 2-3 interns and working with the Coordinator to develop and implement an agricultural skills curriculum.
- Lead outreach efforts to high schools, colleges, and community groups to involve more people in the farm, and to provide more educational activities.
- Assist in developing agricultural workshops for the general public.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum two years experience in agriculture
- Demonstrated leadership and teaching experience
- Demonstrated ability to relate effectively with youth
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of a team and independently
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Experience with marketing and/or customer service
- Willingness to work irregular hours and Saturdays; hours will be longer during the summer
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Commitment to organic farming methods
- Current driver’s license and acceptable driving record
- Knowledge of safe working practices
- Comfortable working in a physically demanding outdoor environment
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume and complete application via email or to FOOD for Lane County, 770 Bailey Hill Road, Eugene, OR 97402. Go to http://www.foodforlanecounty.