PRIMARY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume and complete application via email or to FOOD for Lane County, 770 Bailey Hill Road, Eugene, OR 97402. Go to http://www.foodforlanecounty. org/en/about_us/employment/ for complete job description and application materials. Position is open until filled.
- Assist Youth Farm Coordinator in all aspects of intensively growing over 35 different kinds of produce on a three acre site, including assisting with greenhouse management, tractor and other power equipment operation, irrigation, crop cultivation and harvesting.
- Work with the Coordinator and youth farm crew to coordinate marketing of produce through an on-site and an off-site produce stand and CSA program.
- Coordinate volunteers in the field, supervising and working with them to accomplish all farm tasks and creating a positive, rewarding volunteer experience.
- Assist in coordinating the Internship Program, training and supervising 2-3 interns and working with the Coordinator to develop and implement an agricultural skills curriculum.
- Lead outreach efforts to high schools, colleges, and community groups to involve more people in the farm, and to provide more educational activities.
- Assist in developing agricultural workshops for the general public.
- Minimum two years experience in agriculture
- Demonstrated leadership and teaching experience
- Demonstrated ability to relate effectively with youth
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of a team and independently
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Experience with marketing and/or customer service
- Willingness to work irregular hours and Saturdays; hours will be longer during the summer
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Commitment to organic farming methods
- Current driver's license and acceptable driving record
- Knowledge of safe working practices
- Comfortable working in a physically demanding outdoor environment