We are looking for an energetic and knowledgeable individual to assist the Education Director in leading farm-based educational programming. Individuals with a desire to work and learn outside will love the time spent on the farm or in the woods and will admire the variety of work the Land’s Sake community shares. Visit www.landssake.org for more information.
– Primarily lead farm-based programming for K – 12 school groups.
– Assist with the design and management of our new education garden.
– Organize and implement Farm and Forest Explorers, a program for 4th and 5th graders two afternoons a week.
– Work with Ed. Dir. to improve educational programming both on-site and at schools.
– Expand family & adult program offerings.
– Assist in the care of livestock.
– Perform non-education tasks when needed.
– Significant teaching experience in a school or non-traditional setting.
– Farming and / or gardening experience.
– A background in environmental or farm-based education.
– Curriculum development experience.
– Previous coordination of a camp, after school program, or other youth program.
– Experience supervising volunteers.
– The ability to multi-task and work independently.
– Must be physically able to work outdoors and willing to do so in bad weather if necessary.
– Access to a car and valid driver’s license.
– Must be able to pass CORI check
– First Aid training
Employment dates: Full time beginning February 1st, 2011 through November 11th, 2011.
Salary & Benefits:
– Stipend of $225.00 a week with housing, $300.00 without.
– One week paid vacation.
– Boarding provided on site in a newly renovated historic farmhouse.
– Organic produce and flowers grown on the farm.
– The opportunity to work, learn and be inspired along side dedicated staff on a beautiful organic farm for a uniquely diverse local nonprofit!
To Apply: Please send cover letter and resume to Land’s Sake (c/o Douglas Cook), 27 Crescent Street, Weston, MA 02493 or email at Doug@landssake.org, Deadline: December 31st, 2010
Land’s Sake Inc.
Office – 781 893 1162