Sandy Spring Friends School is a coeducational, college-preparatory day and boarding school for students in grades PK-12. The School provides students a challenging liberal arts education in an atmosphere, grounded in Quaker values, where all students and faculty are valued and supported, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, ethnic origin, or sexual orientation. Located approximately 35 minutes northwest of Washington, D.C. in historic Sandy Spring, Maryland, students and faculty are attracted to the School because of its 140-acre bucolic campus, strong sense of community, and excellent academic reputation. Sandy Spring has approximately 270 students in the Upper School and 570 students in all grades. Additional information about the School may be found on our website at www.ssfs.org.
– administrate the record keeping and planning of the garden;
– cultivar selection and procurement, and organization of volunteers;
– working closely with the Gardening Committee develop strategic short and long term plans and a calendar for the garden;
– assist in research of issues
– regarding community gardening with a look towards improvements and growth;
– create connections with area growers and charitable organizations in support of the vision of the Gardening Committee;
– and support faculty with development and implementation of curriculum activities around the garden.
Requirements: At least 3 years of hands on experience with a preference for 5 years.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume, along with 3 professional references to:
Sandy Spring Friends School
16923 Norwood Road
Sandy Spring, MD 20860
Phone:301.774.7455 ext. 104