- Assess staffing needs and recruit qualified candidates who are the right fit for the company’s culture.
- Maintain all personnel files in accordance with state and federal laws.
- Develop, implement, and communicate company policies and procedures.
- Oversee Benefit administration of health, workers’ compensation, and 401K plans.
- Negotiate with insurance brokers to deliver superior cost effective benefit plans.
- Provide analysis, research and recommendations on Human Resource trends, options, compensation packages, and new company sponsored programs.
- Provide sound guidance on Human Resource matters to executives and department managers.
- Ensure compliance with all employment laws, OSHA, Workers’ Comp., and DOT regulations.
- Assist with staff development plans, coaching tools and training.
- Develop, maintain, and administer employee performance review process.
- Identify, develop and implement employee tracking systems for compliance and follow-up.
- Prepare management presentations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to translate broad objectives into step-by-step process.
- Ability to define, communicate and manage project plans to ensure effective project deliverables.
Human Resources, analytical and technical skills:
- Broad knowledge of contemporary recruiting tools.
- Ability to design and implement processes, procedures and tracking systems as they relate to the company’s organizational development.
- Knowledge of benefits cost containment.
- Ability to coach, counsel and deliver positive, mutually agreed upon outcomes.
- Solid understanding of employee training programs and professional development.
Communication and interpersonal skills:
- Ability to communicate complex subjects in a clear, distilled manner.
- Ability to communicate at all management levels and across multiple functions.
- Ability to build solid relationships and influence cross-functional partners.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
Flexibility and poise:
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to adapt to frequently changing requirements.
Vision and initiative:
- Desire to think creatively and proactively to develop new problem-solving approaches.
- Deep understanding of a values based approach to all aspects of business with specific emphasis on food systems.
- Willingness to learn all aspects of sustainable agriculture and food systems.
- Strong desire to participate in the defining and development of a truly sustainable business model.
EDUCATION: BA in Human Resources, Business Administration, Organizational Psychology or Communications.
EXPERIENCE: 5 + years experience in Human Resources or related field. Experience in organizational development, employee relations, recruiting and retention, and benefits administration. Background in food and distribution industries preferred. Knowledge of Agriculture a big plus.
SALARY: $70 – $85k Depending on experience.
Veritable Vegetable offers an excellent work environment, competitive salaries and great benefits. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage applicants from all diverse backgrounds. Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 415-920-0448.