Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– seeding, grafting and maintaining tomato plants
– maintenance of irrigation and HVAC systems including corn and wood furnaces
– organic disease and pest management
– maintaining records for organic certification
– harvesting and packing of produce
– deliveries and farm markets
– knowledge of plant biology and/ or horticulture
– experience with greenhouse environments
– Microsoft Access and Excel for data collection
– clean drivers license
– some carpentry skills
Salary commensurate with experience. Work commitment is 5 1/2 days per week. On farm housing is provided.
About the Farm:
McEnroe Farm is a NOFA-NY LLC certified organic farm producing compost and soils, organic and naturally raised meats, greenhouse tomatoes, seasonal produce and nursery transplants. The soils and compost are approved for organic production and have been used by farms, gardens, landscaping projects, and green roofs since 1987. A unique, bio-diverse farm, we adhere to organic principles of caring for the soil and being stewards of the earth. We farm 800 acres in Northern Dutchess county of New York State.
Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org