Title: New Roots Farm Program Coordinator, International Rescue Committee
Type: Full Time
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Please apply on www.theIRC.org. click on Careers at the bottom of the page. Please link to the job description.
SCOPE OF WORK:
Through the New Roots Farm Program IRC provides refugees who are currently in or seeking to start an agricultural business with opportunities for business and production training, one-on-one business technical assistance, and assistance with access to capital. The Program Coordinator is primarily responsible for program recruitment, coordination of direct service provisions, and tracking outcomes. The Program Coordinator also assists with program development. This position is located in the Phoenix Regional Office.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
I. RECRUITMENT OF PROGRAM PARTICIPANTS:
· Distribute flyers and brochures to VOLAGs, local businesses, community centers, apartment complexes, and other places frequented by potential clients
· Coordinate formal advertising/marketing initiatives, including ad design and vendor communications
· Send direct mail to current program clients for business workshops and other program activities
· Provide program orientations to individuals and groups.
II. SERVICE PROVISION:
* Coordinate training workshops, including: arrangement of guest speakers/trainers and identification and purchase of appropriate incentives when necessary
* Provide one-on-one technical assistance to clients, making outside referrals as needed
* Facilitate access to resources needed for the farm business, such as legal, marketing
* Ensure all grant outcomes are met
* Collect appropriate documentation ensuring participant eligibility to receive services
* Organize case files for all program clients
* Conduct participant surveys, especially for business workshops
* Enter data into program’s information data systems, including Down Home and other internal tracking forms/systems
* Provide ED Program Manager with narrative reports
· Bachelor’s Degree in Agronomy, Economics, Finance, Business, Agricultural Sciences, Agricultural Business, Development, Agricultural Economics or related field preferred
· Demonstrated understanding of business development; experience in business counseling strongly desirable
· Strong organizational skills including: multi-tasking, prioritizing, planning, and effective time management
· Fluency in written and spoken English, with bi-lingual ability preferred
· Demonstrated multi-cultural experience and ability to communicate with limited-English speakers
· Valid driver’s license, active insurance policy, and access to reliable transportation. Ability to drive a 15 passenger van.
· Work hours vary because of service provision, flexible schedule, but most Wednesday evenings and Saturday mornings at market.
IRC leading the way from harm to home.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.