Job Posting for the Position of Manager of the Garden Project, 2013
The Greater Lansing Food Bank (GLFB) is seeking the right individual to manage the team at the Garden Project, a program of the GLFB. The Garden Project, a program which began more than 30 years ago, works with a diverse group of gardeners and volunteers throughout the mid-Michigan region to grow healthy, sustainable food for themselves and their families, their neighborhoods and the greater community. The person in this position will work with a dedicated, talented and knowledgeable team to provide support for this innovative program which offers numerous individual, group and community benefits beyond the supply of good food.
For details about the position and how to apply click “read more”
He / she will be responsible for:
- Oversight, planning and administration of the program;
- Supervision of the Garden Project team;
- Development and administration of the annual budget;
- Communications as part of the GLFB management team and as the Garden Project representative in the community;
- Identification of funding opportunities including participation in the grant preparation and monitoring process.
The right person for this position will quickly understand and promote the opportunities for community planning and collaboration and will bring visionary thinking to the program.
- Knowledge of community development and gardening;
- An associate’s degree (bachelor’s degree preferred);
- Staff supervisory experience;
- Budgeting and working with grants;
- Strong computer skills;
- Strong communications skills both verbal and writing;
- A passion for helping people and a good business understanding of what it takes to be successful.
The opportunities to make a difference in our community and the mid-Michigan region are only limited by the talents, management abilities and imagination of the individual. The team is looking for a leader who understands how good management and a plan can serve to unleash the talents of those who know what it takes to be successful.
If you meet these qualifications, are ready to get your hands dirty and have a desire to join this dynamic team, submit your resume, cover letter telling us why you are the right candidate and salary expectations to Joe Wald, Executive Director, Greater Lansing Food Bank, PO Box 16224, Lansing , MI 48901 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org