Job: Production Assistant on small organic farm in Massachusetts, 2013
Eva’s Garden, an organic farm in South Dartmouth, MA, is seeking a Production Assistant with 1-2 seasons of organic farming experience to assist with the daily operation of 2+ acres of organically certified specialty greens, herbs and flowers.
Knowledge of growing salad greens and culinary herbs a plus. This is a seasonal, full-time position averaging 40 hours a week, starting in April and ending in early November. Compensation is commensurate with experience with possible housing option.
For more details and how to apply, click “read more”
Responsibilities include the following:
- Manage and supervise field workers and volunteers in daily field tasks.
- Greenhouse watering and field irrigation in coordination with Production Leader. Alternate weekend watering duties.
- Help to maintain planting and input records
- Participate in picking and packing as needed
- Must be capable of lifting 50 lbs and willing to work in adverse weather conditions.
- Please send resumes to email@example.com