Kansas City Center for Urban Agriculture; 4223 Gibbs Road, Kansas City, KS 66106; www.kccua.org
The Kansas City Center for Urban Agriculture is hiring a full-time Program Assistant. KCCUA is a non-profit organization that promotes entrepreneurial food production in metropolitan Kansas City. Our organization is growing; this new position will assist with all aspects of the organization’s programs, marketing, fundraising, and administration.
– Education and Outreach: Assist with public education and outreach through print and electronic media, tabling at events; development and maintenance of media lists.
– Volunteer recruitment and funneling of volunteers to KCCUA staff and programs.
– Assist program staff with research, materials development, program activities as needed.
– Program outcomes data collection and maintenance: collect activities, contacts, results for programs in partnership with senior program staff and Executive Director. Manage database, email lists, list serves.
– Photo and articles library: collect, organize, and maintain KCCUA photographs and media coverage.
– Administrative and program support to Executive Director.
Hours: full-time, some weekends and evenings.
Compensation: $25,000, plus fully-paid health insurance after 3 months of employment
Qualifications: Must be able to work with a variety of communities and people and have an interest in all aspects of KCCUA’s programs and organizational management. Ideal candidate will be able to take new projects and organize them into coherent tasks and systems, and will be flexible and resourceful. A commitment to urban agriculture and local food is essential.
To apply: Cover letter, resume, and 2-3 brief (less than 2 pages) writing samples to Katherine Kelly, email@example.com. NO phone calls, please.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 14, 2010