Title: Program Manager, Wholesome Wave
Type: Full-time position
Location: Bridgeport, CT
Compensation: Compensation commensurate with skills and experience.
Last day to apply: January 24, 2011.
Wholesome Wave in Bridgeport, CT is currently hiring for a Connecticut Program Manager to manage Double Value Coupon Programs (DVCP) throughout Connecticut. This is a full-time position, to be filled immediately.
Wholesome Wave programs *nourish neighborhoods* by supporting increased production and access to healthful, fresh and affordable locally grown food for the well-being of all. Our partnership-based initiatives serve food deserts of historically excluded urban and rural communities. The DVCP, currently running in 160 farm-to-retail venues in 20 states, increases in impact of federal nutrition benefits by incentivizing community members to purchase healthful foods, while increasing revenue streams for local farms.
The CT Program Manager is responsible for a variety of initiatives, including expanding the DVCP in Bridgeport and Norwalk, and supporting the DVCP efforts of a network of community-based partner organizations in 4 to 6 Connecticut cities.
- Manage and expand two farm stands and two market box programs in Fairfield County, working with agencies, health centers and foundations.
- Mentor a network of non-profit organizations, farms and health institutions in promoting, deepening and sustaining the DVCP through existing farmers markets and farm stands.
- Facilitate expansion of the DVCP through establishing 1 to 2 new outlets with community-based program partners.
- Manage overall project design, implementation, budgets and partner communications.
- Assist in fundraising, including grant writing.
- Ensure compliance with grant requirements.
- Offer technical assistance throughout the season including data collection methods and on-the-ground program administration expertise to CT programs.
- Develop and implement program outreach efforts in the community and with partners to increase community member participation.
- Coordinate the Healthy Bridgeport Alliance and CT Food System Alliance to facilitate communication with state and citywide stakeholders to lay the groundwork for long-term group sustainability.
- Recruit, train and coordinate field-workers; coordinate volunteers.
- Support national Wholesome Wave programs as necessary.
- Expertise in program management and operation, including supervising field workers, interns and volunteers
- Demonstrated leadership, organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent financial and accounting responsibilities for data collection and reporting
- Ability to lift heavy objects, work in inclement weather and drive a 20 ft. box truck to deliver produce to program locations (if necessary on occasion).
- Excellent writing skills and relevant computer experience (Word, Excel, Powerpoint and other basic office software)
- Passion for food justice and sustainable food systems
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelors degree in related field a plus
-Commitment to community development and building sustainable food systems
- Experience working in sustainable food systems and/or community development in Connecticut a plus
- Bilingual (Spanish) language skills a plus
- Valid CT drivers license required.
Compensation commensurate with skills and experience.
Please send a resume and brief cover letter to Skye Cornell at firstname.lastname@example.org
by January 24, 2011.
Learn more about Wholesome Wave at www.wholesomewave.org