School Wellness Youth Coordinator
The Food Trust is working with the Philadelphia Department of Public Health and the School District of Philadelphia to launch the Philadelphia Campaign for Healthier Schools as a part of Get Healthy Philly a CDC – Communities Putting Prevention to Work initiative, which includes engaging youth in schools to create healthier school environments.
- Creating and organizing youth leadership teams, youth summits, and activities for students to help engage them in improving their school health environments.
- Providing resources, tools, training, and support to youth teams to meet Get Healthy Philly goals.
- Supporting School Wellness Coordinators in coordinating youth work with staff-led wellness councils.
- Planning, ordering and distributing youth marketing materials and incentives, and
- Maintaining data on youth involvement
The ability to work with others in a collegial environment to implement the agency’s vision. An advanced degree is desirable. Position involves frequent travel throughout the Philadelphia region and requires a valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle. Team building skills and the ability to encourage innovative thinking about problems, opportunities, and situations. Strong written and verbal communication skills; adept at forging strong relationships with key people inside and outside the agency.
The ideal candidate will have the following personal characteristics: unquestioned integrity; personal stature; a passion for excellence; a high energy level; a sense of urgency; excellent listening skills; persuasive communications skills; an entrepreneurial spirit; a sense of humor; an open mind; a candid manner; a commitment to The Food Trust’s mission.
Competitive, based on education and experience.
Job Open Date:
E-mail your résumé and cover letter to email@example.com
or fax to 215-575-0466. Please do not call.