CROPP Cooperative (Organic Valley and Organic Prairie brands) is seeking a Social Media Specialist to complement its Interactive Marketing Team.
The ideal candidate for the Social Media Specialist position is tech and net-savvy and loves interacting with people, both in person and online. You are knowledgeable about organic farming, cooperatives, nutrition, health and sustainability, and these issues are important to you. You are exceptionally well qualified to fuse our unique farmer-owned brand personas to the social space and are prepared to make an impact quickly. You are thrilled about the prospect of interacting with people on blogs, microblogs, social networks, media sharing sites and other online communitieson behalf of CROPP’s nationally recognized brands (Organic Valley and Organic Prairie). The challenge to develop and execute strategies that will grow CROPP’s social communities and make them more valuable to the cooperative is exciting to you. You understand the need to validate your work and will develop useful social engagement analytics and provide regular reports regarding your social media efforts. You have the intelligence, instincts and experience required to understand the complexity and uniqueness of CROPP Cooperative’s structure, history and mission, and you will have demonstrated professional experience communicating with the public about those types of issues.Strong writing skills and very good technical capabilities are required for this position. Close collaboration with internal stakeholders is a fundamental element of your position at CROPP; your ability to effectively work with others and understand diverse viewpoints is critical. You should be the type of person who enjoys bringing clever and creative ideas to the table. CROPP expects you to be a self-reliant innovator who can effectively work independently with limited supervision.
– Understand and articulate CROPP’s mission, including why it is unique, important and worthwhile.
– Collaborate with a variety of internal individuals and groups in order to help achieve shared cooperative goals.
– Assume a role as the primary day-to-day voice for CROPP and its brand in the social media space, engaging in dialogue, answering questions, and offering helpful advice.
– Plan and implement social marketing campaigns, including advocacy initiatives, marketing/new concepts, community-building efforts and promotions.
– Create, obtain and/or coordinate content for all social media campaigns.
– Communicate key themes and messages that support the cooperative’s mission, marketing programs, product launches, campaigns, etc.
– Listen to and monitor all social media outlets and respond in a timely and effective manner where appropriate.
– Develop and maintain content calendars for all social media vehicles and synchronize them with overarching CROPP marketing initiatives.
– Establish a social engagement analytics system to measure our social media efforts to determine those that are working and those that need to be improved and/or replaced.
– Recommend new social tools and techniques as technology and methods emerge or evolve.
– Identify emerging social mobile trends and help position the cooperative to leverage them.
– Work closely with PR team to ensure CROPP’s public relations efforts are properly supported.
– Work closely with interactive team members to ensure that all online marketing endeavors are properly synchronized.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
– Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
– Professional experience with organic food, farming, sustainability, health and nutrition preferred.
– Excellent writer with a clear understanding of audience, tone and nuance.
– Ability to think strategically and act tactically.
– Self-starter with the ability to work collaboratively with others and under limited supervision.
– Strong social media experience required.
– A probing sense of curiosity — someone who will question the status quo.
– Actively engaged in social media and technology.
– Ability to write quickly and well on deadline.
– Able to bring many ideas to the table, run with the ones that work, and dispose of the ones that don’t.
– Ability to jump from the creative to the analytical as required.
– A critical thinker who dwells comfortably and passionately in the world of social media.
– Collaborative and comfortable in dynamic corporate environs.
– Innate passion for communicating through new media channels and understanding what motivates people to engage in social media.
– Strong project management skills.
– Ideally with communication and/or journalism background.
– Ability to travel as needed.
Interactive Marketing Manager
Job Status: Regular, Full-Time
Location: La Farge, WI
To apply visit the job listing at the following link: http://ov.coop/2ph