Location Pocantico Hills, New York
Stone Barns Center has an opening for a full-time Education Programs Manager, to begin no later than November 2, 2009. Supervised by the Education Programs Director, the Education Programs Manager will have primary responsibility for Farm Day Camp, Vacation Camp, and after-school programs, and will provide support for school field trips and other Stone Barns activities and events. Working with the Education Programs Director, the Education Programs Manager will develop and implement new programs and deepen youth engagement with this growing organization.
Farm Day Camp and Vacation Camp
Farm Day Camp is offered for eight weeks in the summer, with 75-90 campers attending each week. Vacation Camps are offered during school winter and spring vacations and historically have 25 campers enrolled each week. Responsibilities include budget preparation, staff recruitment and supervision, curriculum design and implementation, farmer liaison, updating safety plans and permits, marketing, registration and billing, and all other tasks associated with directing the camps.
Update and design curriculum, market and recruit students for after school programs including Stone Barns clubs and scout visits. Develop new youth corps program to be implemented in spring 2010.
Provide support for school programs, including preparing and teaching lessons. Provide support for teacher training, conferences, outreach and public programs as needed.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree and 3-4 years working with youth in formal and/or informal educational programs
- Experience supervising staff preferred
- Familiarity with farming and farm-based education preferred
- Strong communication skills and ease in talking to the public
- Excellent computer skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team member
• A self-starter who thinks strategically and can find new and creative ways to enhance Stone Barns Center initiatives
• Well-organized, detail-oriented, flexible, and able to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Commitment to and passion for Stone Barns Center's mission
Stone Barns Center offers a salary commensurate with experience and comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance and 401k plans.
This is a full time, exempt position. Regular days of work are Monday through Friday. Hours of work vary depending upon program demands. Weekend and evening hours are occasionally required.
Please send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be accepted through Monday, August 24. Interviews will begin Monday, August 31.
Stone Barns Center is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds. Job Description/Application Web Link www.stonebarnscenter.org
Posting Date 04-Aug-2009Posted by: Judy FinkContact Email: email@example.com
Job Post Ending Date 24-Aug-2009