Vibrant Valley Farm is heading into its third full season as a women owned and operated CSA, restaurant and flower farm. We will be farming on Sauvie Island, just 10 miles outside of Portland and home to one of the state’s largest wildlife refuges. This past year we successfully ran a 35 member CSA program, provided vegetables to over 15 local restaurants in Yamhill and Multnomah counties, and delivered fresh cut flowers to New Seasons, a local grocery store in the area. This season we will increase our production two fold adding more CSA memberships and restaurant and flower accounts while continuing to branch out to our greater community with partnerships and educational programming. Vibrant Valley Farm is committed to engaging with our community and to celebrating ecologically sound practices and good stewardship of the land. We are currently working on organic certification.
Jobs: We are actively seeking two farmers to assist in our production and assembly, 50 hours a week from the beginning of May until the end of October. We are looking for folks who are dedicated to learning about local food systems through growing food and flowers. Experience, team work, willingness to learn, adaptability, customer service, a strong work ethic, and belief in sustainable practices are prerequisites for any applicant and essential to the success of our operation.
For more information visit: www.vibrantvalleyfarm.com
Responsibilities and Skills Necessary
• Strong physical labor skills (e.g. squat, sit, stand, bend, lift, walk, carry)
• Working knowledge of organic gardening and farming methods
• Demonstrated ability to both follow and give directions, seek assistance and communicate clearly
• Ability to work early morning hours, evening hours and weekends; in all weather conditions
• Ability to work well with others while completing the tasks given
• Ability to work with community partners and engage in educational programming and community outreach when appropriate
• Good attitude
Interested applicants send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com