The Lead Grower’s role is to provide core production and lead marketing:
- Lead our sales at the Portland Farmers Market (Saturdays)
- Assist with packing and delivery for the community supported agriculture shares (Monday)
- Assist with packing and delivery of restaurant and food service accounts (Fridays)
- Manage the packing shed at Mercy Corps Northwest’s Damascus training site
- Produce diverse vegetable crops from our crop plan on one half to one acre at Mercy Corps Northwest’s Damascus training site
- Assist with mentoring, administration, record keeping
- $16/hr (up to $10,000 contract for the season) for 20 hours per week of marketing labor (28 weeks: late May through early December)
- Opportunity to earn an additional $10,000-20,000 in sales from vegetables that the Lead Grower produces at the Damascus training site(Growers receive 70% of gross sales). Grow on a one half to one acre plot of land at Mercy Corps Northwest’s training site. A partial work trade is possible to cover approximately $600 of $1200 land, water and tillage fees.
- Mileage reimbursement at federal rate
- Up to $75/month additional stipend for overhead fees/professional development and/or health care costs
- Production and business education opportunities through Grow Portland and Mercy Corps Northwest
- Additional opportunities may be available with organizational growth and new funding
TO APPLY- email email@example.com with a resume and cover letter, in the form of a single PDF attachment, addressing how your experience and skills compliment this scope of work. Apply by January 5, 2012. Interviews to start mid-January 2012.