Duties/Responsibilities of marketing intern
• Assist Oke with all aspect of marketing and education
• Manage social media in collaboration with Equal Exchange
marketing/social media staff
• Assist with the creation of a monthly newsletter
• Compile and create marketing materials from materials collected during
past banana producer visits for educational and PR purposes
• Help organize events and demos
• Assist with web updates
• Research and present international banana market and industry reports
• Other various tasks.
• Intern will have the ability to think creatively and contribute
marketing ideas and projects to the team that, if approved, could become a
• Creative, skilled, passionate, entrepreneurial, enthusiastic,
• Excellent verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
• Experience with marketing tools preferred (such as Adobe photo shop,
video editing, online marketing services)
• Proficiency in social media
• Background in marketing, communications, international food systems,
food policy and/or agriculture highly desired
• Ability to be flexible and work with a fun, outgoing small team
• Spanish skill a plus
• Transportation to West Bridgewater
Time commitment/duration of internship:
Preferred 3 month Summer/Fall position depending on availability.
Part time, unpaid position with flexible hours
What you will gain:
• Experience and knowledge working with an international trade
organization working to change our food system through trade.
• Understanding and experience working with an alternative small
• Marketing, event planning, organizational skills.
• Great resume experience for anyone in the field / study of
environmental science, nutrition, dietetics, food policy, agriculture, food
systems, marketing, communications, business, organic studies, international
trade, international business.
How to apply:
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com by June 26th 2011