– Our ideal intern is someone who is eager to learn about organic farming, loves food and who is excited to engage in their local food system.
– We’re looking for 2 interns from late May through the end of September or later if possible. Maximum hours/week for each intern will most likely be around 30-35 hours/wk.
– Applicants must have their own transportation and housing.
-We need hard workers. Farming requires heavy lifting, repetitive physical work, and working outdoors in all types of weather.
– Attention to detail in all aspects of work
– A positive attitude and a good sense of humor
– Dependability and punctuality
– Stamina –take care of yourself and show up to work with energy over the course of the season.
– Customer service skills for the farmers market
– Experience is not necessary, but preference will be given to those with experience in small scale agriculture, working outdoors or working with produce.
What’s in it for you:
– Learn to farm organically! Interns will have the opportunity to learn as much as they’d like about all aspects of small scale organic agriculture including: preseason planning, organic certification, greenhouse production, planting, cultivation, harvest, prepping, direct marketing and storage.
– Hourly wage based on experience
– Lots and lots of amazing organic vegetables!
– Be an integral part of a team at a fun, positive and cooperative workplace
– Experience a full growing season outdoors in one of the most beautiful places on earth.
– Take part in work that matters and be valued for your contribution
– Work hard, eat well, have fun, go swimming.
Contact: Carissa Visser firstname.lastname@example.org 231-735-2936 Thanks!