THE DEADLINE for the 2015 mentorship program is January 20, 2015.
NOFA/Mass will offer mentees:
- Mentorship: As a NOFA/Mass mentee you will have the opportunity to work with an experienced farmer who will serve as a mentor. NOFA/Mass will pay that person for his or her role in your education. Mentor-mentee arrangements will vary from one relationship to another and are up to both participants to negotiate and maintain on a case-by-case basis. If you are selected as a mentee, NOFA/Mass will work with you to connect with a farmer who would be a good fit for you, given your interests, experience level and location, among other factors.
- An educational stipend: As a NOFA/Mass mentee you will be able to use $100 worth of educational vouchers to attend any NOFA/Mass workshop or conference during the 12-month program.
NOFA/Mass expects all mentees who go through the mentorship program to:
- Articulate to NOFA/Mass what you are interested in learning through a relationship with a farming mentor.
- Check in at least monthly with the mentor, by email, phone, or in person, and visit the mentor’s farm at least once during the 12-month program.
- Complete 4 quarterly evaluations, using a template provided by NOFA/Mass
- Be a member of NOFA/Mass in good standing. To become a NOFA/Mass member go here: http://www.nofamass.org/
Questions?: Email Beginning Farmer Program Coordinator, Suzy Konecky at email@example.com