Organic Farm Crew Position in Montana – 2018
Whitefish Stage Organic Farms is a 65 acre farm with (20 acres currently in vegetable production) serving a 250 member CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) as well as wholesale accounts with certified organic produce 9 months a year as well as a fall event that attracts thousands of visitors to the farm each year. We are seeking a highly motivated and eager individual to fill a crew position for our 2018 season.
This position would involve working with the crew to perform daily farm tasks efficiently through the day while helping keep a positive & happy environment. This person would also work closely with the lead farmer & owner as well as the rest of the team to determine the daily tasks, and priorities, and how to best structure the day. Our farm is situated in the heart of the Flathead Valley on Kalispell city limits between Whitefish. We live in one of the most desirable vacation destinations in the country with access to hundreds of mountain lakes and thousands of hiking trails as well as Glacier National Park and the Bob Marshal, Great Bear and Mission Mountain’s Wildernesses. We work 5 days a week with Saturdays and Sundays off so everyone can take advantage of all Montana has to offer.
We have modern equipment including all state of the art productivity equipment, packing and growing facilities and incredibly healthy organic soils. Our management team consists of our owner and lead farmer, assistant farm manager, multiple crew leads, greenhouse manager and retail events manager. We insist that our workers take pride in their work and show respect to one another and that the working environment is always open, accepting, positive, productive and honest.
Requirements for the Organic Farm Crew Position in Montana:
- Have at least 1 full year of work experience and a minimum of 3 references
- Be above average in productivity and pace of work
- Have good communication skills, have an outgoing, positive attitude and enjoy working with and building relationships with the crew
- Good time management and the ability to move efficiently from one project to the next
- Ability to follow detailed directions
- Attention to detail, and an understanding of produce quality standards
- Ability to think quickly on toes and change plans as necessary with changing weather and field conditions
- Be okay with working in all weather conditions
- Ready to work on many different farm tasks, including weeding, planting, tractor operation and irrigation
The position starts in the spring of 2018 (preferably before April 1st), and goes through all of 2018, wrapping up in November in time for Thanksgiving. This position could be promoted to farm crew lead mid-season 2018 if individual proves themselves. As well as that this position could qualify for the assistant farm manager position being created in 2019. Pay is competitive ad DOE with a substantial bonus at the end of the year, based on how good (financially) the year went, plus veggies, a place to live and other side benefits. Check us out online at www.whitefishstage.farm
To apply for the Organic Farm Crew Position in Montana, please send us a note about why you’d be a great candidate to:
To learn more about farming jobs and internships or to post an opportunity on beginningfarmers.org, go to: http://www.beginningfarmers.org/internship-and-employment-opportunities/