Organic Farm Partnership Opportunity in Pennsylvania
Greenmoore Gardens is a certified Organic CSA serving the State College, PA area. We are finishing our tenth season this year with up to 10 acres in production over the years and 50+ acres available for expansion. We are looking for an experienced resident or non-resident Farming Family or Farmer/Entrepreneur to oversee and implement daily agricultural activities at Greenmoore Gardens and take part as a partner to share in the profits and have discretion and decision making abilities over the full farm operations.
Duties include customer relations and marketing communications, management of farm crew (including work traders, volunteers, and interns), as well as crop planning, planting, maintenance, harvest, and processing.
A farm partner must be creative and efficient, and able to balance both production and finance schedules and deadlines.
A viable candidate for the organic farm partnership opportunity will have experience with medium-to-large scale production, and be able to provide ideas on how to expand, grow and diversify our operation.
Typical daily tasks:
• Manage schedules and paperwork for production crew members, interns and volunteers
• Communicate throughout the work day with team via cell phone and text message
• Communicate yield and harvest date estimates to wholesale customers
• Help to maintain farm web site and manage e-mail traffic
• Maintain planting, production and harvest records in MS Word, Excel or Google
• Proactively and creatively market farm to new CSA members and potential wholesale markets, including local restaurants and grocery stores
• Guide and support production as necessary
• Understand and follow certified organic production guidelines
• Experience working on a diversified CSA farm highly desired
• Must be physically capable of working long days and lifting 40+ lbs
• Must be a proven and confident leader with excellent communication skills and a positive attitude.
This is a long-term position with expectations long work hours during the season. Compensation will be very entrepreneurially and mutually agreed upon. This will likely be structured with a high correlation to experience with a variety of potential options that include: profit sharing, co-management, ownership arrangements & farm house options.
COMPENSATION this position provides a base payment plus profit sharing agreement with heavy emphasis on the profit sharing portion.
HOW TO APPLY for the ORGANIC FARM PARTNERSHIP OPPORTUNITY
To learn more about farming jobs and internships or to post an opportunity on beginningfarmers.org, go to: http://www.beginningfarmers.org/internship-and-employment-opportunities/