Subject: Belcampo Meat Co. Swine Assistant Manager Job in California
Swine Program Assistant Manager at Belcampo Meat Company
Belcampo Meat Company is a 10,000-acre organic farm that is building a slaughter facility and group of old-fashioned butcher shops to market its products. The butcher shops, scheduled to launch in 2012, will offer an old-world experience to California consumers interested in purchasing high-quality, healthy, and great tasting meats. By controlling the entire production chain from the farm, through slaughter and processing, and right through to the point of sale. Belcampo will offer an unparalleled experience to the consumer, ideal for an emerging market of consumers concerned about food safety, environmental responsibility, and taste quality.
Belcampo will become one of three American farms with a wholly owned slaughter facility, and the first to own its entire distribution channel. Belcampo will produce nearly every type of meat imaginable, from guinea fowl to goats, with a focus on super-premium beef and pork. Given its focus on natural and sustainable production, Belcampo will raise primarily heritage breed animals selected for great taste quality.
The Swine Program Assistant Manager is responsible for the daily operational activities of the swine program at Belcampo. This position will help plan, coordinate and participate in all aspects of the swine production program, including:
– Swine husbandry;
– Breeding program supervision;
– Manure management and collection;
– Transport to proprietary slaughter facility;
– Management and maintenance of feeding and watering systems;
– Maintenance of swine housing and equipment:
– Management of production records;
– Maintenance of strict bio-security measures;
This position will be responsible for:
– Care, accountability, protection and well being of all animals in the swine program, as well as other species within Belcampo=B9s multi-species farming system as circumstance dictates.
– Upkeep of the fixed and mobile facilities associated with swine production and animal husbandry.
– Supervising seasonal and or full time staff.
Recommended skills/experience include:
– Three years livestock/swine management experience;
– High school diploma/GED required, Bachelors Degree recommended (relevant major encouraged);
– Farm implement operation;
– Foreign language skills encouraged (Spanish, Italian, German);
– Mechanical repair and maintenance;
– Experience in organic animal husbandry and accompanying record keeping;
– Position reports to the Swine and Poultry Division Director
– Commensurate with experience
– Please send resume to Kylan Hoover Swine and Poultry Division Director at email@example.com or call (530) 598-1942For more information about Belcampo Farms see www.belcampomeatco.com