Paid Internship at CA FarmLink in Santa Cruz
California FarmLink is a non-profit organization looking for a half-time paid intern to assist in linking farmers and landowners, facilitating innovative farm transfers, and providing business development servicesto farmers. This will be a three-month position, approximately October to December, 2009. The work will be based in FarmLink's Central Coast office in Santa Cruz. FarmLink offers the opportunity to help create a sustainable future for farmers and ranchers in rural California. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
* assisting in outreach to farmers and landowners; client intake; writing short descriptions of aspiring farmers and land opportunities; updating database
* distributing FarmLink's list of land opportunities to land seekers
* organizing and participating in farm tours
* assisting with upcoming workshops on farm financing, business planning and land tenure; developing workshop materials
* promoting and publicizing workshops, farm business services, equity building programs and linking program
Interest in, and commitment to, the future of California agriculture;
Ability to complete self-directed projects with minimal day-to-day supervision;
Excellent communication and writing skills;
Ability to prepare professional letters, newsletter articles, and reports;
Basic computer skills including word processing, database management, e-mail, and spreadsheet programs;
A valid California driver's license, ability to travel locally and work out of the area occasionally (about once a month) for workshops, conferences and trainings.
Compensation and Terms:
California FarmLink will offer a rate of pay of $10 per hour. The position is non-exempt and not eligible for benefits. California FarmLink maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Please email cover letter and resume to Reggie Knox, email@example.com
For more information visit our website, www.californiafarmlink.org or call the FarmLink Central Coast office at 831-425-0303. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.