Job: School-Garden Based Nutrition Educator in Michigan
Importance of Position: Supports the goals of the Food System Project to help students grow, harvest and prepare produce, increase their consumption of healthy foods, garden at home and identify food in the food pyramid.
• Access to transportation to coordinate volunteers, classrooms and activities at Mid-Michigan Leadership Academy, Riddle, Willow and Cavanaugh Elementary School
• Ability to successfully interact with children and teachers
• Willingness to share knowledge about fresh produce
• Willingness and ability to be a leader and work with a team
Responsible To: Joy Baldwin, Project Coordinator
1. Attend an orientation to the elementary school as well as training on the goals of the Food System Project’s programs.
2. Take ownership and coordination of volunteers, classrooms and activities at each school.
3. Enjoy a rewarding and productive produce experience
4. Responsible for all the shopping and preparation for lessons as part of the classroom, after school clubs and summer camps.
Training Provided: Orientation to the elementary school as well as training on the goals and program of the Food System Project
• Satisfaction of providing a much-needed service
• Enhance skills
• Opportunity to impact successful gardening outcome for children
• Increase smiling and laughing stimulated by happy children and beautiful produce.
Contact Person: Joy Baldwin, Project Coordinator; (517) 999-2894; email@example.com