- Jan 18 – less common Fruit Bearing Plants
- Jan 25 – Updated High Tunnel Topics
- Feb 1 – Intro to Certified Organic Production
- Feb 8 – Christmas Tree Production and Business Considerations
- Feb 15 – An update on the Grain Prairie Guild
- Feb 22 – Creating Community Food Production Systems
- March 1 – Heavy Metals in Soils
- March 8 – Native Pollinators on your Farm
- March 15 – Small Acres Pastured Poultry
- March 22 – Growing Ginger, Tumeric and other Unique Crops
- March 29 – Tips for Modifying and Building Sprayers for Specialty Crops
Small Farms Webinar Series Registration: It’s easy (and FREE!) to register for the Small Farms Winter Webinars. Sign up for as many as you want at http://go.aces.illinois.edu/WinterWebinars. We’ll send you a webinar reminder, log-on instructions, and how to access the archived recording. If you do not have broadband internet capable of streaming video, call your local Extension office at 773-233-2900 x 207 to see if they can offer live viewing.
The webinars can be accessed on-line from your personal computer. In case you cannot attend these dates, register anyway to view an archived, recorded version. Information will be provided via email (by the Monday after airing) for viewing at your convenience.
Contact your local Extension office for more information about live viewing sites.
For more information, contact: Zack Grant, University of Illinois Extension, Local Food Systems and Small Farms Educator at 708-679-6889, email@example.com; or Doug Gucker, University of Illinois Extension, Local Food Systems and Small Farms Educator at 217-877-6042, firstname.lastname@example.org
For information about beginning farmer training programs, please visit http://www.beginningfarmers.org/beginning-farmer-training-programs/