Potluck and Community Circle
Come join DC residents who are acting to expand availability of healthy, affordable, and sustainable food!
We are hosting the first of many monthly potlucks on Sunday, January 17th, 5 to 8 pm at Potter’s House in Columbia Heights/Adams Morgan.
This month’s discussion will be led by members of Rooting DC
, who are planning Washington, DC’s 3rd annual Urban Gardening conference. Doors open at 5 pm, with discussion and dinner to start at 6 pm. The Potter’s House is at 1658 Columbia Rd NW, 3 blocks from the Columbia Heights metro & the Adams Morgan area. Donations are appreciated, but no one will be turned away!
WHO SHOULD COME?
- Anyone who lives in Columbia Heights, Adams Morgan, or Mt. Pleasant neighborhoods and is concerned about increasing community access to affordable, healthy, and sustainable foods.
- Anyone who lives or works anywhere in Washington, DC, and is interested in becoming more involved with local movements to support food justice.
- Anyone who works in DC on anti-hunger, national food policy, urban agriculture, or other sustainable food issues, and enjoys meeting diverse people who hold similar interests.
- Anyone who loves to eat and share good food!
- Don’t have food to bring this time? Don’t panic! Come with your ideas, passion and hunger. Just come!
- Support local farmers! Go shopping at Dupont Circle farmers market on Sunday morning, and prepare a delicious dish using fresh seasonal produce!
- The Potter’s House is alcohol-free… please do not bring any!
- If you can label ingredients in any food that you prepare and bring to share, please do!
RSVP at firstname.lastname@example.org
or on the Facebook event page
Help spread the word by distributing the flyer
The flyer is available here: http://nmyoungfarmers.wdfiles.com/local--files/start/dcfoodforall_jan17_c.jpg
And as a handbill: http://nmyoungfarmers.wikidot.com/local--files/start/DCFoodForAll_Jan17_hand_c.jpg